Harry S. and Wife Magoline H. Tosh began the operation in 1955. After World War II Harry was an FHA & VA Real Estate Appraiser. He also was a builder at the time. He was having difficulty in getting his building supplies from the local dealers. This is where he got the idea to start Harry's building materials. In 1960 their son Harry R. Tosh (Bobby) began work full time and became manager in 1964.
In 1974, Bobby and his Wife Hazel purchased his fathers interest in the business and began a partnership with his mother, Magoline H.Tosh. In 1974 the business was incorporated with Bobby Tosh President, Johnny R. Sanders who joined the company in 1964, became Vice President, and Magoline H. Tosh Secretary-Treasurer until her retirement in 2003. After her retirement Teresa Tosh-Langley filled Magoline Tosh's roll as Secretary- Treasurer. In 2014, Robby Tosh was promoted to President.
The Rusk location started in 1955. The success lead to the opening of our Jacksonville (1983), Troup (1990) and Nacogdoches (1992) locations. Since then Harry's has opened a Door and Cabinet shop that specializes in custom interior and exterior doors and cabinets. In 2015, Your Home by Harry's was opened to show customers products in a home setting.